Friday, July 12, 2013

A movie for your weekend: Cloud Atlas

Do you get out to the movies much?  We don't, but I still love a good movie on DVD.  About a month ago, we saw the preview for "Cloud Atlas".  Hubby took one look at my face during the preview and ordered the DVD for me.  He said he knew I'd love it, and he was right.

There are six story lines running throughout history, starting with the time of slavery in America and spanning well into the future.  The actors take on different roles in the various story lines.  The stories can be hard to tangle out.  I think we spent much of the first two hours (yes, it's a long one) trying to figure out just what was going on...but fully engaged nonetheless.  The acting and directing is fantastic.  The cast is incredible.  All that being said, I don't think this movie is for everyone.  It's not your regular film.  It's not easy to digest or even easy to understand at times.  Add that to the length, and I'm guessing it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.  Still, I found it beautiful and eloquent in its message.  You can cheat and look it up online, but I find it much more fun to watch the film and try to figure out the meaning yourself.  Go on.  And enjoy!




Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment