Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Welcoming a new year on our house means Neujahrsbrezel (New Year's pretzel) for breakfast, a rather delicious tradition.  Hubby's uncle is a traditional German baker, freshly retired this year (yay, Walter!).  Four years ago, I insisted on his recipe for neujahrsbrezel and I was thrilled when he and his son shared it with us!  Hubby had talked about it reverently for years, and I wanted to give it a go.  I had to slightly modify it for ingredients and proportions for a family, rather than professional, kitchen, and I've been baking it for New Year's Day and sometimes on family birthdays ever since.


Later today, we're going to go through this questionnaire as a family.  We have used it for the past 3 years, and it is a fun way to approach a new year together.

Do you have any New Year's traditions?
What are you looking forward to in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment