Monday, August 1, 2011

Sweet potato, spinach, & bleu cheese frittata

I'd forgotten how yummy (and fast!) frittata can be!


To make the frittata:

Preheat broiler (that's in your oven).
At medium heat on the stovetop, melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a pan that will go from stove to oven (I use a cast iron skillet)

In a bowl, beat together:
6 eggs
2 Tablespoons milk (or water)
salt and pepper to taste

Pour egg mixture into hot pan on stove. Cook until eggs are mostly set (sides are firm but center is still a bit runny).

Toss on top of the eggs in whatever amount seems most appealing to you:
sweet potato (mine was leftover, pre-cooked)
fresh spinach, chopped
crumbled bleu cheese

Place in oven under broiler and cook until eggs are set. My oven is small, so I set the rack two spaces below the top level to prevent burning. It was all done in the time it took to prepare the two other meals required to keep the peace this evening...(don't get me started; at least my meal was delicious too!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment