Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rainbow Neighborly

I finally finished it!

Rainbow Neighborly vest for Ellie

I really do not know why it took me so long to complete this vest for Ellie.  I was off to a fantastic start and then stalled out somehow.  A few rows here and there until I finally acknowledged that holidays are around the corner, cold is here now and I really needed to get this off the needles and onto the kiddo.  It turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself.  The main colour is a cashmere merino blend, so it feels dreamy too.  But what does the kiddo think?

"Oh, Mama!  I love it.  I just do!"

Not that you'd know it from her photo shoot...

Poser in her new vest

Funny face pose in new vest

Ravelry tells me this is actually my 7th Neighborly vest.  Perhaps it's time I work on a new pattern.  I have been a bit knitting-ADD this week, scanning Ravelry for ideas in my spare moments.  I'm very intrigued by these mitts I spied today.  I've never tried knitting mittens before, but they look very approachable.

Have you completed any satisfying projects recently?
Are you planning handmades for the holidays?
I admit I feel a bit overwhelmed in advance.  I sat down today and wrote out a list for gifting, and then I had the urge to hide under my bed until January (ok, not really but...).  I do feel so tremendously blessed to have good friends with whom I can share, but doing so all at the same time...whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment