Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A new neighbour

From time to time, we spot a groundhog in our backyard.  Every time we do, I am reminded that we live in Pennsylvania now.  Since we move a lot, I love those little reminders, the little iconic moments that speak of a place.

 our backyard groundhog

This is the best photo I've gotten so far because he always runs straight for the hole in the fence and disappears when he catches me watching him (see Exhibit B).

our backyard groundhog

Every time I see that groundhog, I also think of the scene in the movie "Groundhog Day" when Bill Murray has Punxsutawney Phil in his lap, steering the truck, saying, "Don't drive angry!" (that scene starts around 7:40 in this clip).

Of course, I feel I have to go to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day.  This statement makes Hubby roll his eyes to the heavens at this crazy woman he lives with every day, but if I went to the Rayne Frog Festival and the Angola Prison Rodeo when we lived in Louisiana (I only missed the Shrimp and Petroleum Festival because of Hurricane Katrina), there is no way I am missing Groundhog Day in Pennsylvania.

Happy Wednesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment