Saturday, May 21, 2011

Flurry of activity

In the wake of the KCWC, my sewing room looks like this:


I wish I had been half as prolific as that mess would indicate. I was really on my game for the first 3 days. When I went to purchase buttons for the finished cardigan, I nabbed some fabulous fabric with kids scooting on it and whipped up some elastic-waist pants for my friend's scooter-obsessed son. 3 days sewing = 3 days of productivity!

Then, I became more aware of the obligatory sewing I wasn't doing. Once again, I took on a massive sewing request from my daughter's teacher. So, although it didn't fit the sewing challenge, I spent a few hours sewing on that...and lost the joy.

It was at that point when I decided uploading my yarn stash to ravelry was a brilliant and necessary plan. Four days later, I'm done! Whew! So yes, very busy. As for the usefulness of said busyness...ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment