Friday, May 6, 2011

A spot of sewing, anyone?

You might have noticed a new button on my sidebar. I spied via Artful Parent that the annual elsie marley kids clothes challenge is on next week. I'm taking this as the excuse I needed to get going on the backlog of wanna-sew items for my girls. The challenge itself is very do-able in that all you commit to doing is one hour per day of sewing for children (pattern/fabric cutting and related prep counts). This might be enough for an experienced person to make a number of items or a real beginner to tackle one or two small projects.


Anyone care to join me? Head over to elsiemarley to sign up! Her recent posts have featured some beautiful children's clothing designers, and you might get inspired by a new pattern or two (or even eight isn't crazy...ahem). Also, check out Artful Parent if you don't already visit. Jean maintains a fantastic site and shares loads of great ideas for fostering children's creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment