Monday, April 14, 2014

Down the sewing rabbit hole

Once I have sewing on the brain, inspiration comes from everywhere.  This past weekend, I popped into a local (expensive!) boutique to browse just for kicks, and I spied a dress I cannot forget.  It was a little black dress with a very simple shape, but it wasn't pure black.  There were little spots of colour all over it.  Up close, I could see the fabric was a digital photography print of distant galaxies.  I loved it!  I can't stop thinking about that fabric.  My daughter loves space.  How much would she love a dress in fabric like that?!

This morning, I remembered Spoonflower, a site where you can design your own fabric…and look what I found:

Star Field


That is the fabric!  Awesome, no?  It gets better.  I also found these:


Space...

Eagle Nebula

Purple Space Stars

Talk about inspiration!  I want to sew a space wardrobe for my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment