Saturday, October 29, 2011

The good life

This week, I finished sewing all the knots to complete our family's summertime happy quilt, or as I've renamed it "The Good Life" quilt (because this life, especially in summer, is oh-so-good). I am so happy with the results!


I didn't get too precious with this. I machine-sewed the binding (so much faster and probably more secure). I had stitched-in-the-ditch along all the squares first, but they were too big to hold it together well in the long term. Rather than stitching all over the quilt and not matching up with any of the stripes on the back, I opted for a tied-quilt. Internet recommendations led me to use square knots instead of surgeon's knots, and they worked quite well. If they come undone, I can always do them again. No biggie.

I have a vision of our family using this as our go-to quilt all summer long, on the couch, in the sun, on the grass...


...but I think it is most likely going to be used for this.




Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment