Monday, October 24, 2011

Some days are like that

When I was in high school, I discovered this treasure of a children's book: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.


It quickly became one of my favorites, and I have owned a copy ever since.

Last week when I found myself struggling with stress, I noticed that my 6-year-old had pulled it off the shelf along with a dozen others and plopped it in her reading pile. I picked it up, laughing now at how apropos it was (is).

The (presumably American) boy, Alexander, is having a tough day in the normal life of a kid, but don't we all know how this feels?


What made me smile is that he believes this will be solved by moving to Australia (which I have done myself). At the end, his mom assures him otherwise...


She is right.
Somedays are like that.
Even in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment