Thursday, May 3, 2012

Because life is like that sometimes

Early this morning, my grandmother--my dad's mother--passed away.  With multiple severe health problems, she had been struggling for quite a long while (years, actually), so we are happy to know that she has had her last bad day.  Still, she will be missed.  She was such a spunky, no-nonsense, warm and loving, tough old bird.  She was happiest in her garden or surrounded by her family or both.  This picture was taken four years ago in that back garden she loved, with our wee Ellie following behind.

IMGP8003

Selfishly, I'm so happy we went to visit her during our initial arrival time back in the States.  Jetlagged and overtired, we drove down from DC to spend a few hours and let her see the kids, and it was a very good visit.  I will fly to Virginia Beach to attend her service this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. My condolences. I hope the weekend was full of fond memories rather than sadness.

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cass. It was both, but I'm glad I was able to go.

    ReplyDelete