Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

the end of the parade

Would you believe this picture was taken at the very end of the parade, just before I disembarked from the float?  That's how crazy and enthusiastic the crowds were.  They lined the streets the entire way, start to the final finish.  Fabulous!

I see you all like the man in black on the left.  You're saying, "Hey, where are the blog posts, lady?"  I hear ya.  I do!  In the week leading up to the parade, I was scrambling at the last minute like the procrastinator I am adding finishing touches on my glittered shoes.  Then, there was New Orleans.  Oh my, the fun times!  Now that we're back home, we had to prepare for and enjoy a second grade class play, and I presented in both girls' classes on different days about Mardi Gras, complete with baking two King Cakes to take along.  Don't tell the Catholics, but one of those presentations was today (shameful indulgence on Ash Wednesday, but it's for the kids, y'all!).  Whew.  Blog posts with pictures in the works and coming soon!  In the meantime, Happy Mardi Gras, y'all (even if I am a day late).

No comments:

Post a Comment