Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Finding inspiration



I find myself milling around on blogs more than I have in a long while, and I often come up short on satisfaction.  I haven't found my peeps in Blogland.  When I was the stay-at-home mother of tiny people, finding my online peeps was so much easier.  Mothering school-age children changes my focus quite a bit.  At this point, I find myself returning most often to the bloggers who post daily simply because I know they will be there with something new to share (like a friend) except they are often the mega-successful bloggers who really don't need me or notice I'm visiting (not like a friend).  Le sigh.

Up late in the night with jet lag (when all the best thoughts come, yes?), I realised that my own blog isn't particularly what I would want to read either…but it could be.

Years ago when I started blogging to connect with family and friends, I felt such a passion for it.  I couldn't wait to share.  Time passed, things changed, and public readers gave me concerns about my children's privacy.  I switched to more general topics, less personal posts…and the passion waned.  I haven't given up.  I still blog, though rather infrequently.

These days, I am in need of a new project.  I always wanted to recreate my blog, buy a domain name, run the hosting, learn coding to make it look absolutely perfect…and then crash and burn with the realities.  It simply isn't going to happen that way, but it doesn't have to be all or nothing.  I'm going to start making small changes and see where that leads, finding and indulging inspiration along the way.  I hope you'll come along!



image source

No comments:

Post a Comment