Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sewing projects to welcome in Spring

In just over a week, our school will be out for Spring Break!  Yes, Spring!  Pay no attention to the freezing temperatures and snow on the ground.  Who cares that there is an icy bite in the air when you can see light in the sky before 7am these days?  The birds are singing, the chickens are laying eggs again, and Spring is definitely coming.  Hooray!


Yesterday, I went through the girls' summer things to see what we would need for our upcoming warm-weather get-away.  I was happy to see they needed very little, just some new swim, sandals and summer pjs.  A search of my usual sites offered up $30 cotton pjs on a 3-week delay.  No thank you on both counts.  Time to sew!  I found two men's large organic cotton t-shirts that I will cut and sew into simple pillowcase nightgowns.

Thinking about Spring drew me back once again to my beloved Liberty Tana Lawn.  Oh, how I long to sew with this gorgeous stuff, but the price makes it scary for me to cut.  After five years of waffling, I  finally jumped in and made a purchase.  The theme of the Spring Kids' Clothes Week is "Mini Me".  I plan to make Citronille's Suzanne (now available in English!) for myself and both girls (I was very tempted by this for my dress, but I just couldn't face the price tag).  I also want to sew more Oliver + S class picnic blouses for them and a Shearwater Kaftan for me.  Whew.  I better start tracing and cutting patterns now…

What creative projects are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment