Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!







Today is Fat Tuesday!  If you happen to live in a part of the country (world?) where this has no meaning, it's the last, biggest day to indulge before the start of Lent tomorrow, Ash Wednesday.  In New Orleans, parades will roll all day long as locals and tourists revel until they can't revel no mo'.  Those in the know might tell you the party really gets started the Thursday before Mardi Gras, when the Krewe of MUSES rolls through the streets of New Orleans.

I've been a lucky member of this krewe for almost ten years.  When I was first up for a coveted rider spot on the floats, I thought it would be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime, bucket-list opportunity…and it still is, every year when I return to the fabulous group of women on my float and the city that still pulls our heart strings.  See the woman on the light blue float looking directly into the camera with a deliriously happy look in her eyes?  That would be me.  Oh, I know what it means to miss New Orleans!  I feel blessed each time I return for a visit that I once called that place home and even more blessed that some of its residents still claim me too.

Wishing you a day of indulgence in what makes your heart happy!
Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment