Thursday, February 23, 2012

Walk in Her Shoes


Those of you who don't know me well might not know that I hold a Master's degree in International Development. I'm particularly passionate about issues for women and girls. As a stay-at-home mom, I want to make more opportunities to honor that passion.

For one particular week next month, I am committed to walking 10,000 steps per day in recognition of all the miles women and children in developing countries must walk each day to gather basic necessities including food, water, and firewood for their families. The time and energy they spend walking is not spent on income-earning, education or attentiveness to their own health. The distances they cover often expose them to violence and danger. CARE is an international non-profit organization hosting the Walk in Her Shoes event. Money raised will directly fund initiatives to positively impact women and children. Will you help?

If you'd like to donate, my fundraising page is here.
If you'd like to register to walk yourself or as a team with friends, the registration page is here.



Small gestures can add up to big changes. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment