Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pneumonia?

Sorry to leave you hanging after my last post.  What started as a little tickle in my throat on Monday turned absolutely nasty by Wednesday, sending me to the doctor on Thursday...who then sent me for a chest x-ray at the local hospital that same day, suspecting pneumonia.  This being a small town and timing close to a weekend, we have no results as yet.  I have great affection for our doctor and appreciate how realistic she is, so her suspicion of pneumonia is almost enough to confirm it in my mind.  This thing, whatever it is, has certainly knocked me over.  Hubby had to come home on Thursday and stay home on Friday because I couldn't stay upright for more than a couple of hours at a time.  Today is day three of antibiotics, and I can feel a marked improvement (I'm a lot more awake, but now a horrible chesty cough has started, sheesh).

At any rate, as part of my coming-back-to-life, I thought I'd check in here and say "Hi!"  I hope you have had a good week.  The sun is finally out here and the air is finally warmer.  I am tempted to grumble that had it been this way a week ago when we returned from the summery sun, I might not have this maybe-pneumonia at all...but it's best not to go there.  The sun is out now.  I can enjoy looking at it through the windows and feeling the light on my face.  I believe it is helping me feel better each day.

Happy weekend to you!

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of hugs and sunshine from WA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aussie Mum! Oh how I am missing that Perth sunshine (and those wonderful hugs) right now! I pointed out to Hubby that it was this time last year that we left the warm, dry sun to come to wet, cold Pittsburgh. We never seem to learn... ;)

    ReplyDelete