Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baked oatmeal

Heidi Swanson's super natural every day continues to be a revelation of foodie goodness. This morning: baked oatmeal. Excuse me while I say OMG. Until now, I've never been a huge oatmeal fan. It's okay, but I'd rather have something else most of the time. Not so with baked oatmeal. Wow. Yum! I wanted to call and wake up the neighbors so I could bring some over to share while it was hot out of the oven.


Of course, my kidlets wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Well, one did, just to irritate my dear Miss Super-Picky, but then even she moved onto cold cereal. Their loss. Seriously. Hubby had already eaten half of his usual bircher muesli by the time the baked oatmeal was ready, so he just wanted to try it...and downed two helpings in a flash.

If you love good eatin', do yourself a favor and purchase this cookbook immediately (you can find six sample recipes here). Your tummy will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment