Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Neighborly Big and Tall, completed

I finally completed knitting the vest for my friend, Kaye. Given how I let this project drag out, I thought I might feel some form of disgust when it was finally over--a big "Never again!" Not so. I'm quite happy. Despite (because of) the hideous ripping-back-to-lower-the-stripe incident three months ago, the final result is quite pleasing and I feel very proud to send it out into the world.

It's an adult-sized version of Jennifer Casa's Neighborly pattern. All of my (rambling) ravelry notes can be found here. I'm not overly impressed with the flared-out bottom edge given that there are the same number of stitches there as through all the stripes, but I'm hoping it will magically resolve itself through wear and washing (or maybe it won't and she won't mind).

Kaye seems to like it, which is the important part.



Hey, it only took me four months to get it done! And in about six months' time, the weather should be cool enough for Kaye to wear it.

Next up, Ishbel?

No comments:

Post a Comment