Monday, December 3, 2012

Grand intentions

Sometime last month, I started pondering the upcoming Christmas gifting season.  I looked over my yarn stash and came up with some truly grand plans for homemade gifting, involving more hand-knits than I could possibly finish in 3 months and certainly not in the one month I had (unless I gave up sleep, which alas I am unwilling to do).

High on delusion, I cast on for the Hitchhiker scarf, to be gifted to my daughter's beloved teacher.

Hitchhiker scarf

I carried it with me everywhere...

Hitchhiker scarf

...for about a week.  Then, reality set in.

The pace has slowed considerably (I average one point per day...and there will be 42 total) and I now accept this will likely be the only hand-knitted gift completed before this holiday, but I do love it.
I hope her teacher will too.

Any handmades in your holiday plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment