Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Peanut-butter-and-Nutella "pop-hearts"

Finding myself without bread or tortillas or pita and having 2 hungry kiddos in the house, I quickly whizzed some flour, salt, butter and ice water in the food processor and made plain pie crust.  Quick as a flash, I rolled it out, cut it with my largest heart-shaped cookie cutter and spread each heart with peanut butter and Nutella (one girl is a self-proclaimed jelly hater).  I placed another heart on top and crimped the edges with a fork.  10 minutes at 400F and voila!  Homemade "Pop-hearts"!

Peanut butter and Nutella "pop-hearts"

I thought these were absolutely darling and irresistible...therefore, the girls wouldn't touch them.
Thank goodness there was string cheese in the fridge, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment