Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blue striped beauty

blue Noro stripe 2

I'm feeling a little full of myself at the moment, having freshly completed a project at long last (raveled here).  With three hibernating (unfinished) projects squirrelled away, it felt wonderful to bind off this scarf and bask in the beautiful colours.

This is the simplest pattern to follow.  It is made with two different colorways of Noro Silk Garden, a yarn that itself changes colour.  Every two rows, change to the other ball.  The stitch is a simple knit one, purl one rib.  On the second row, slip the first and last stitch purl-wise to keep it from curling at the edges.  Knit a super-long scarf by using 2 balls of each colour (over 400 yards of yarn) or just stop when you realize you are going to end with an unfriendly colour combo at the tail end (I have around 10g of each ball left).

I have made this scarf before in a pink and green combo, and I wear it endlessly in the winter.  I have wanted a blue one since I finished the first, but it's harder than you might think to pair up the different skeins to make something you enjoy.  Once you do find that combo, though, wow.  Love.

blue Noro stripe

No comments:

Post a Comment