Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall color

Hello, my name is Jennifer. I am a compulsive leaf collector.

Hi.  My name is Jennifer, and I am a compulsive leaf collector.
How could I not be? After years without fall color, we are experiencing this:

 fall color

fall color

red (on green) carpet

Stephanie and I went on a leaf collecting walk today.  We filled our basket before we even reached the end of our street.  Our plan?  To press and dry these leaves, then preserve and reignite their colors by coating them with Mod Podge, inspired by this post on Artful Parent.  I'm considering sewing them together to create a leaf garland for the living room, but it is entirely possible they will make their way to other destinations.  We simply cannot allow all this beauty to go to waste.

leaf collecting walk

No comments:

Post a Comment