Thursday, October 11, 2012

Turquoise corduroy with sparkle

Stephanie happily wore her owl pants today, so I knew the pattern was a keeper.  This second pair of pants whipped up much more quickly than the first.  I think the hardest part was figuring out how to copy the pattern with the missing and added seam allowances (and that's not bad at all once you know what you're doing).  Since that part was already tackled, this second pair was a breeze.  It probably took me more than an hour (I didn't have a solid hour chunk today, so I'm not sure how many minutes added up here and there), but not much more than that.  No pockets this time, as requested.

Turquoise corduroy pants #kcwc

Pattern:  pattern o from Happy Handmade Vol 2
Fabric: turquoise corduroy with silver sparkle from Joann's Fabrics, selected by Stephanie

I would really like to line these, but as that might make them warmer than autumn requires, I will let them rest for now.  I want to move on to tops.  I have two delicious-feeling, light-weight corduroys in adorable patterns that want to become tops.  I have my eye on pattern n from Happy Handmade Vol 2.

  Happy Handmade Vol 2, patterns n and o #kcwc

 Let's hope it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment