Friday, January 18, 2013

Big step

This morning, I sat down and fluffed out one of my dreams on paper.  It felt so "right" that I took it a step further and committed to it: I told someone about it.  That might not seem like such a big thing to you, but for me, it was a very big step towards my dream.  I almost never do this.  I don't even like to tell my husband about my dreams most of the time (though he knows this one very well).  It's like I'm afraid acknowledging it will jinx it somehow, but today, I wanted the accountability...and have to admit that it still feels very right, like I'm finally on the right track.  Let us hope so.  Either way, it is a brilliant start to the weekend, if not the whole year.

elf up a tree

Wishing you a weekend of good fun, perhaps taking bold new steps of your own!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great start to the new year! Good luck - I hope it all goes well.

    I have been thinking about New Years Resolutions and mine is very simple - to get more sleep. My day goes so much better if I have had a decent sleep. I have been doing a short course http://www.raisinghappiness.com/class/free-online-class/
    Which I have found really interesting and has helped a lot. One of the tips is to make it public and you are more likely to succeed so congratulations on sharing your dream xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope so too!
    I am right with you on the sleep front. I am no fun at all when I haven't had enough. I try to get a decent amount, but sometimes littles thwart me. Last night, Stephanie was inexplicably awake from 1am until almost 4am. I was fine all morning, but I hit a wall around noon and am not sure how I will make it to their bedtime tonight. Moan, sigh.
    Good luck to you! I hope you get more rest too!

    ReplyDelete