Monday, November 7, 2011

Manic Monday


A deep yoga stretch unlocked some stored stress, and I began to cry in class just as everyone else seemed to reach a blissful state. When this happens, no thoughts accompany the woe, so I don't know how to turn it off. Embarrassing and day-breaking.
Later, I tried to explain myself on the phone to Hubby through stifled sobs, and he interrupted.

"Who have you been talking to?" he demanded to know.
"Because you've really got your Aussie on!"

And just like that, the cloud lifted.
I have no idea why I'd gone Aussie, but realizing it made me giggle so endlessly that the tension melted and stayed away. Thank goodness, because it was the busiest Monday it could have been. It was full from the moment I woke to the sound of something shattering until the moments I tucked each of my tired but happy little girls into bed. I rolled right through it, rather enjoying my homemade dinner reward of Thai fish and carrot-peanut salad with a lovely glass of Riesling at the end of this very Manic Monday.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your day turned out ok and that you have such a clever hubby! (Dinner looks very yummy by the way. Hope my stressing about my kids didn't set you off! Keep smiling and I hope the rest of the week sails bye with ease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't you at all, my goodness! No. It was all me, somehow. I was clear-headed going in there and clear-headed again later, but somehow it went wrong for a while. The mysteries of physically storing stress. The day ended well, though and dinner was good! A new favorite, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete